Contraction and Extension Exercises - Daniel Nistico
Lesson Overview: Contraction and Extension Exercises
- Each exercise can be repeated up or down the fretboard, and these exercises become progressively difficult, as your hand approaches the lower positions of the fretboard.
- When you change strings, your left hand finger should hold the note from the previous string for as long as possible.
- Once comfortable with these exercises then try to add dynamics (crescendo, diminuendo).
- Ensure that your left hand thumb is not pressing hard against the back of the neck.
- You can practice without the thumb touching the neck to ensure that you’re using the weight of the arm to press your fingers down onto the fretboard.
- Ensure that you use the minimum amount of pressure with the left hand fingers. Always touch as close to the fret as possible.
Delivered by: Daniel Nistico
Suitable for: Intermediate/advanced players wishing to improve the stretching capabilities of their left hand..
Duration: 8 min
For more technique guidance from Daniel
This exercise is taken from Daniel’s online course, ‘Warm Up Exercises That Will Make Your Playing on Fire.’ It
contains five topics with highly focused exercises, with HD video demonstrations for each one. Maintain a
powerfully comprehensive warm up routine and I can guarantee that you will see huge improvements in your
playing. Your performance will be as good, if not better than when you practice at home.
The exercises in this course will enable you to change your performance testimony from: “I hear the music so
perfectly in my mind, but my hands just won’t do it” to “my hands listen to the music in my mind and recreate that at will” To learn more about it, please click here.
Daniel Nistico is available for private guitar instruction in Melbourne.
Please call him on 0455 274 744 for more information and to arrange a free trial lesson, or
Click here for information on Daniel's Skype lessons
Like this performance?
Don't forget to click the Facebook icon below to share this with your friends.